BIM, prefabrication and eliminating waste
Ken Stowe has been in the construction industry for over 25 years, working for companies including Disney, Pizzagalli and Macomber Builders, and now helps AEC firms across the globe leverage the power of BIM (Building Information Modeling) in their businesses.
Listen to this interview (click the play button on this page) to listen to Ken discuss the following topics:
- How to accelerate your project schedule 7% – 12%.
- What you should and should not be prefabricating.
- How modeling your projects during the bidding process can make you more profitable.
- Key lessons Ken learned while working at Disney.
- The “Dominoes of Waste.”
- The 19 Benefits of BIM (Building Information Modeling).
- Why 2D blueprints are not good for communication.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
A Brief History Of The Concept of Waste In Production by Lauri Koskela, Rafel Sacks and John Rooke
How you can connect with Ken Stowe:
Email – Ken.Stowe(at)autodesk.com